Maggie Gill is the president and CEO of Memorial Health Medical Center. Before working for Memorial Health, Gill worked at Tenet South Florida as Chief Financial Officer. She has also worked at Coral Gables Hospital, Shore Medical Center, and Palmetto General Hospital. Gill started working at Memorial Health as the vice president of finance in 2004. One year later, she ascended to the position of Chief Operating Officer. She later rose to the position of president and CEO of the firm in 2011. She is now responsible for corporate communications, government relations, physician relations, internal audits, orthopedic procedures, and neuroscience programs.
Maggie’s Education Background
Maggie graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Florida State University. She later acquired her MBA from Saint Leo University. Gill attended Wharton School for training in strategic management.
Memorial Health Medical Center’s Performance at the 16th Annual Heroes Awards
In the 16th Annual Heroes Awards by the Georgia Medical Society, Memorial Health team clinched seven awards; The Heroes Awards are held to recognize professionals who have committed their careers towards improving the well being and health of the community. Their work benefits not only the current generation, but also impacts the future generations. Individuals and organizations are nominated in six classes: health care education, health care innovation, institution/organization, community outreach, physician lifetime achievement, and allied health professionals. The winners from Memorial Health were:
- Community Outreach: The two winners from this category were Jimmy Gordon, Memorial Health’s regional emergency coordinator and safety officer. Cynthia and Dwaine Willet, supporters of Willet Children’s Hospital at Memorial University Center
- The Infectious Disease Response Team working at Memorial Center
- Health Care Innovation: The Accelerated Track Program
- Health Care Education: The Teen Drivers Program
- Physicians Lifetime Achievement: Carl Boyd, leader of Memorial Center’s trauma center
And Linda Sacks, the leader of Memorial Center’s neonatal intensive care unit. Maggie has proven herself at the helm of Memorial Health Medical Center. With her extensive experience in health care, and her track record in the health industry, Maggie is set to earn Memorial Health more awards and a high reputation in the medical fraternity.